Sister and Brother Owners, Amy and Brook Dubman
Carol House: A Proud Family Heritage
It all started in 1964 when Nat Dubman began Carol House Furniture. Why Carol House? Well, Nat had enjoyed working with his customers while selling for Carol Clothing and Appliances out of the trunk of his car. So it seemed natural when he began to sell home furnishings to call It Carol House Furniture.
CAROL HOUSE CORE VALUES
Honesty & Integrity - We are ethical with everyone from employees to customers. We maintain the highest standards of personal and professional conduct.
Customer Satisfaction - We will do almost anything it takes to keep a customer happy, whether they have purchased or not!
Quality Products & Services - We are committed to offering products and services that are a better value than our competitors. We only carry products we know we can stand behind, but we strive to "do things right the first time" so our customers experience a seamless furniture buying experience.
Teamwork - We work together to find solutions that have positive results for others, as well as ourselves. We treat everyone with respect and fairness, recognize each other’s contributions, and celebrate our achievements.
Cost Efficiency - We strive to keep our overhead down in all of our practices and processes. This allows us to provide our customers with the best value while ensuring our proﬁt sharing plan.
At Carol House some of our most 'cutting edge' furniture designs are made from reclaimed solid wood and even reclaimed metals.
We primarily purchase from manufacturers that 'farm' the wood instead of removing forests.
Carol House is an Animal-Friendly store.
Green Power - Since '09 Carol House has been an AmerenUE Pure Power Partner. Each year we voluntarily pay extra on our electric bill for the production of Wind Power. Carol House is typically a gold partner with effectively 33% green power.
Recycle - Carol House recycles all furniture packaging including cardboard, plastic, Styrofoam, and wood pallets. Our employees also recycle paper, plastic, aluminum, glass, and plastic bags from offices & break rooms.
At Carol House we make bigger things come from selling furniture! We're proud to donate a portion of every sale to a long list of worthy charitable causes. See more by clicking on our Community Outreach.
LET'S TALK NUMBERS
- Did you know Carol House Furniture has two stores with over 75,000 square feet of showroom each? This allows us to give you the best selection anywhere. Our warehouse is over 100,000 square feet and three stories tall. Packed with merchandise so you don't have to wait for your furniture.
- At Carol House Furniture we work on volume, not margin. An average furniture store sells about $150 per square foot. At Carol House, we do more than $250 per square foot. We sell more furniture because we offer great merchandise at the lowest price!
- If you've seen our commercials, you might think we spend a lot on advertising. An average retailer spends about 10% of their budget on advertising. Since most people that buy at Carol House become customers for life, we find it necessary spend only about 3% on advertising.
- Carol House Furniture delivers furniture to over 100 customers a day
- An average furniture store turns its inventory one to two times a year. At Carol House Furniture, we turn our inventory over five times per year. This means more people choose to shop at Carol House
- During our 50+ years, Carol House has grown from 2 employees to over 150 employees.
- Carol House Furniture has over 5,000 items to choose from in each of our 3.5-acre showrooms.