Make a difference when on buy from Carol House!
Every time you buy furniture at Carol House, a portion of the sale is contributed to local charities. The Dubman Family is proud to make this statement and it makes us feel good to know that bigger things can come out of selling furniture. There is a long list of organizations we have supported with money or furniture.
A few of our favorites are:
* United Way- For over 40 years, the generous staff at Carol House Furniture has held a fund drive for the United Way. Our employees make voluntary gifts, some of which are automatically deducted from their weekly pay. Carol House Furniture matches every donation dollar for dollar. For many years, Carol House Furniture has been on the Spirit Award list because of our charitable employees. Call (314) 421-0700 to learn more.
* Carol House QUICK FIX Pet Clinic - Each year in Metro St. Louis more than 20,000 pets are put to sleep due to overpopulation.
Brook, Richard and Christine Camp decided to make a big attempt to end this unnecessary suffering by opening the only Not-for-Proﬁt, 501(c) 3 Spay, Neuter & Wellness Clinic. The QUICK FIX Clinic has subsidized spays & neuters for people who can't normally afford to get their pets fixed. Carol House purchased the building in order to give the QUICK FIX Clinic a rent-free location until the overpopulation problem is solved. Brook has served on the Board of Directors since inception in 2012 and hopes you'll make sure everyone you know gets their pet’s ﬁxed!
* Jewish Federation- Like the United Way, this organization helps many different people and helps fund many charities in need. The Jewish Federation was one of Nat Dubman‘s favorite charities. He was proud to have given two of the largest single gifts the organization had ever received. Since then, the Dubman Family makes the Prime Minister's Council big givers list annually.
Contact the Jewish Federation at (314) 432-0020.
* American Parkinson's Disease- Brook Dubman served on the Board of Directors for 16 years. He started and ran the Golf Tournament during this time as a memorial to his wonderful father Nat Dubman who suffered from this devastating disease. Carol House Furniture is usually the largest sponsor for every Parkinson’s fundraiser in St. Louis every year. Reach the local info & referral center at 314.362-3299
* Missouri Alliance for Animal Legislation- Brook Dubman has been on the Board of Directors for the Missouri Alliance for Animal Legislation since 2006. Brook started their biggest fundraiser at his home. The MAAL believes that society has a responsibility to protect animals from cruelty, abuse and neglect. Additionally, the alliance expects the authorities to enforce animal protection laws, maintain oversight and public scrutiny of the use of animals. Contact the Alliance at 314-361-3944
* Mobile Educational Vehicle - Brook Dubman has held many fundraisers, one of which raised enough money for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals to purchase and construct this special vehicle. It has large built in video screens and speakers on the exterior of each side, making it a perfect educational tool that can be easily transported to all sorts of public events. Carol House Furniture matched each donation dollar for dollar.
* More of the Many Charities We Support Annually
IDA- In Defense Of Animals
Family Resource Center
Animal Protective Association
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Humane Farming Association
Open Door Animal Sanctuary
PEP (Protect Every Pet)
Stray Rescue at St. Louis
Humane Society Legislative Fund
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
UE Pure Power Green Partner
Wildlife Rehabilitation Clinic
Stop Hunger Now
BARC Benefiting Animals thru Responsibility & Compassion
Friends of the Earth